As one of the summer's consolations in place of club football, the Copa America pits all of South America's best footballing nations against one another, with the recent addition of non-South American countries Qatar and Japan.
Bookmakers are already predicting the 2019 Copa America Winner, where Brazil were favourites prior to the tournament getting underway, but there's also markets available for anticipating the individual player that could come away with the most goals and seal the coveted golden boot award.
Lionel Messi leads as favourite in Copa America Golden Boot Odds
With Gabriel Jesus, Sergio Aguero, Richarlison, Roberto Firmino, Alexis Sanchez, Lucas Moura and Salomon Rondon representing the Premier League, Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Philippe Coutinho, Cristhian Stuani and Arturo Vidal representing Spanish La Liga, Paulo Dybala, Lautaro Martinez and Duvan Zapata representing Italian Serie A, and Edinson Cavani, Radamel Falcao and Angel di Maria representing French Ligue 1, it couldn't be a much more competitive tournament when it comes to attempting to outscore every other player.
Most avid football fans will state that no player could ever triumph Lionel Messi, who is actively recognised as the best player in the world, so it's not a total shock to see him priced as favourite to seal the most amount of goals in the Copa America this year. Odds currently only go as short as 3/1 for Messi to be crowned Copa America 2019 top goalscorer on bet365.
Behind Lionel Messi, the second shortest price is Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus. The solo forward is priced at 13/2 to net the most amount of goals in this year's Copa America. He scored seven goals in the Premier League last season and struggled to function within Tite's attacking setup in the 2018 World Cup, but he's clearly favourable in the eyes of the bookmakers, and it's an ideal opportunity to shine with Neymar injured.
Uruguay duo Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez rank among the best of the rest
It can't be overstated how many top class strikers are set to take part in the 2019 Copa America. Uruguay hold a surprisingly formidable attack, with Barcelona's Luis Suarez and PSG's Edinson Cavani making up enough fire power to unsettle any side. They both sit as third favourite - handed the same 8/1 price - hinting that bookmakers are struggling to see one as being superior to the other.
Three regular Premier League goalscorers appear immediately after, Manchester City's Sergio Aguero and Liverpool's Roberto Firmino both priced at 9/1, before Everton's Richarlison appears at 11/1 odds. Bookmaker prices only move above the 10/1 mark as we reach the lesser obvious choices, but there's still plenty of tempting alternatives including Radamel Falcao, Philippe Coutinho, James Rodriguez, Paulo Dybala, David Neres, Duvan Zapata, Luis Muriel, Salomon Rondon, Lucas Moura and former QPR striker Eduardo Vargas.
Full Copa America 2019 - Top Goalscorer Betting Odds on bet365
- Lionel Messi (Argentina) - 3/1
- Gabriel Jesus (Brazil) - 13/2
- Edinson Cavani (Uruguay) - 8/1
- Luis Suarez (Uruguay) - 8/1
- Sergio Aguero (Argentina) - 9/1
- Roberto Firmino (Brazil) - 9/1
- Richarlison (Brazil) - 11/1
- Eduardo Vargas (Chile) - 16/1
- Radamel Falcao (Colombia) - 16/1
- Philippe Coutinho (Brazil) - 16/1
- Paolo Guerrero (Peru) - 20/1
- Alexis Sanchez (Chile) - 20/1
- James Rodriguez (Colombia) - 25/1
- Paulo Dybala (Argentina) - 25/1
- Jefferson Farfan (Peru) - 25/1
- Lautaro Martinez (Argentina) - 25/1
- David Neres (Brazil) - 25/1
- Lucas Moura (Brazil) - 33/1
- Angel di Maria (Argentina) - 33/1
- Cristhian Stuani (Uruguay) - 33/1
- Duvan Zapata (Colombia) - 40/1
- Salomon Rondon (Venezuela) - 50/1
- Enner Valencia (Ecuador) - 50/1
- Arturo Vidal (Chile) - 5o/1
- Oscar Cardozo (Paraguay) - 50/1
- Luis Muriel (Colombia) - 50/1
- Juan Cuadrado (Colombia) - 66/1